It consists of a series of meditations that reveal the key mindsets we need to cultivate if we wish to improve our happiness and attain liberation and enlightenment.
The course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain an overview of the Buddhist spiritual path, as well as for those looking to deepen their own daily practice.
Everyone is welcome.
These are drop-in classes so come anytime.
These classes will be live-streamed: Find out more
Part 1: The Happiness of a Meaningful Life
- Our precious human life: awakening to our potential
- What does our death mean?
- Lower rebirth: could this happen to me?
- Refuge practice: finding safe harbour
- Actions and their effects: shifting the winds of our karma
Part 2: The Happiness of Complete Inner Freedom - Liberation
- What we should know: the sufferings of samsara
- What we should abandon: the underlying causes of our suffering
- What we should practice: the path to freedom
- What we should attain: liberation
Part 3: The Pure Happiness of Benefiting Others - Enlightenment
- Cherishing others: may everyone be happy
- Universal compassion: may everyone be free
- Bodhichitta: the supreme good heart
- The Bodhisattva’s way of life
- Emptiness: ultimate truth, reality
- Relying on a spiritual guide: the root of the path
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso